My Writing Career


I began my writing career in 1983, designing original craft projects featured in magazines, such as Better Homes and Gardens, McCall’s, Country Handcrafts, and Crafts, with more than 125 articles accepted for publication. 
 
You can see the list of some of my Clips and Credits on my author website: Gloria Hander Lyons. There are also links to more sample stories on the Writing Credits tab at the top of this blog.
 
In 2006, I started my own publishing company, Blue Sage Press, to write and publish fun how-to books about some of my favorite topics, like decorating your home, crafting, planning theme parties and tea parties, and self-publishing. I've also added many cookbooks and several humorous short story collections to my list of titles. 
 
Most of my books are listed on this blog (see the list at right). You can read more about them on the Blue Sage Press Books Page. Many of my books are also sold on Amazon.com. View the list of e-book versions of my titles on this link: Amazon.com.
 
I've had numerous short stories published by Chicken Soup for the Soul and other anthologies. You can read a few of the stories on my author website. 
 
Since I'm an avid reader, especially of cozy murder mysteries, I couldn’t resist writing a mystery of my very own. I've published two so far: Murder with a Touch of Spice (available on Amazon.com in print and e-book versions) and Curl Up & Die: A 1950s Vintage Murder Mystery (available on Amazon.com as a e-book). You can read more about them below. I'm now addicted to writing fiction and can't wait to write more! 
 
I also love to write blogs, as you can see by the list of my "other blogs" at right, but my most active one is my Cancer Journey Blog, "A Joyful Life", where I write articles about the fun things I'm doing to try to squeeze the most joy I can out of each day. Feel free to send me suggestions for my "bucket list".
 
If you have questions or comments about any of my books, or about writing and publishing in general, please e-mail me at: gloria@gloriahanderlyons.com